01 February 2011

The first dream

I daydream a lot!! Especially when it comes to her. When I first saw her after nine years - she was quite a grew up - fair, short hairs, medium build, and a pretty smile; all just sounding perfect. And, “mere dimag me ghanti baji“ - she can be my life-partner and I thought I am so gonna marry her. I used to think a lot about her and I am still thinking about her. But I never had a dream about her or involving her.

I remember every night I go to bed thinking about her. I had many dreams about random people, about I worked in a Hollywood movie (that too with Avril Lavigne, who is a singer not an actress), about my show on TV, about I am being a CEO of an IT company, about a secret entry passage to Kashmir valley from my hometown, about I am inspecting the mummies in the pyramids and about a lot of crazy stuff. But I never had a dream about her or that involved her.

One day I was cleaning my house at around eleven in the morning. I was keeping all the messed up things in their right places. Suddenly, of nothing, my sister shouted, “Brother, bhabhi is coming...". I was puzzled for a while. I asked, “Who is coming?”
“It's Arahana brother.” She said.
I looked out from the window and there she was coming, in a white and pink Punjabi dress. I tried to wrap up things fastly. She was almost two hundred meters away from the house. After some time I heard her talking with my sister. Then she entered our house. I welcomed her, gave her a glass of cold water. She smiled at me, came closer to me, took my hand in her hand and said, “Sorry, I know I am late. It's because no one was free at home to drop me here, so I had to come by bus.” She continued talking and saying sorry to me, I did not say a single word to her. I was feeling her tender touch. She was looking charming, pretty and cute, I was wishing the earth to stand still, the moment to freeze. She kept on saying sorry and I didn't even listen to her who was explaining her reasons for being late. I was looking at her. She was looking just so pretty.
Then she separated her hand from my hand, put down the glass of water and said, “How many times I have told you to wear a hanky or something on the face while cleaning the house or things. You never listen, now you will start sneezing.”
I interrupted her and said “Shuuuuuuuuu”. She came closer and I hugged her, the background music started and there I went! I sneezed in her hairs and then I sneezed five times in a row. She was looking at me. I sneezed again, louder!

The dream ended. I woke up. I looked around, everyone was sleeping, she wasn't there! Was I really dreaming? "Oh my God! I just had a dream about her and I think we were a married couple in that dream! Wow!! What a start!!!" But wait a minute, I don't have any sister...

On the very next morning-
“Dad, do I have a sister?”





***
Read previous part of the story - "Arahana": Why not girls first
Read next part of the story - "Arahana": Never a smooth road
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...