08 March 2011

Dream and the Truth: Tryst with destiny - 2

***
Read previous part of the story - "Sharvika": Tryst with destiny
***

One month later:
"Another rainy day. I got down from the bus trying my best to keep my jeans clear. This is the only thing I hate about rainy season, it makes you change your clothes few more times a day and wash those few more times a week. I was already late for the lecture and was thinking of bunking the first one.
I started walking. I sensed someone passing me by. I felt like someone is running to catch the bus. But, No! SHE wasn’t. She, of nothing, came almost running and stood in front of me.
"Hello, headphone guy! Do you remember me?” unmasking her face and removing her goggles she asked.
"Off course I do remember you...screaming-crying girl", I said.
We both laughed on our new names.
"So where are you going?" She asked.
"To rule the world..." I said.
"What?"
"Just kidding. I am going to college and you?"
"Me too...!"
"Great!" I said.
What’s next? What next should I talk about now...I started thinking...say something dude...say something…
"Aren't you going to ask me about what had happen the other day?"
"Yeah, I was going to ask the same." I lied so beautifully.
"Okay, it’s a long story..."
"Well, I like listening to long stories."
"Great!" She said.
"Let’s walk to some hotel, have a cup of coffee over there and talk about your story."
"Hmmmm... 8:45..." She checked the time in her cell phone. Looked at me and said "Cool. Let’s walk..."
I tried to remember how much cash I had in my wallet. Thank God, it was more than enough for that time.
Interrupting my thoughts and clearing all my calculations she said, "When I was crying on the phone why didn't you said something to me? I was sitting right next to you. If there was any other boy he must have had tried to take that as a chance to flirt with me. Dumbo, why did you offered me your headphone instead of asking me anything..."
"...maybe that was my way of flirting." I interrupted her.
She stopped for a moment, looked at me again and smiled. For a moment I thought she liked my answer. But I really wasn't sure.
"Really?" She questioned me back.
"No. Actually I was trying to keep it cool that day..." I said.
"Why? Did you also have a similar phone call before I entered the bus? And that’s why you were listening to music?" She questioned me again.
I lied there again. Actually I was listening to her phone call with full interest. But I was really afraid of talking with her. I thought she will slap me right in my face if I ask her a single word about he phone call. But I don’t know why I had the strangest idea of offering her a headphone. But there I lied again, so prettily-
"Hahaha...Nope! I didn't have any phone call that day. But I had an interview call the same day. So I was little nervous and tensed. That’s why I left you early without asking you anything." I said.
"Oh...what happened with the interview?"
"Forget it!” I said.
"What...? What happened?" She asked with curiosity.
“Forget it- That is what they said to me."
“Ohk... I got it now.” She said.
And silence again spread its wings.
…. …. ….
…. …. ….
And there buzzed my cellphone alarm. I woke up. Dream ended. Oh my God! That was a dream. Though a dream, it came to be true very soon but in a slightly different way.

***
***
***

Three month later:
"Another rainy day. I got down from the bus trying my best to keep my jeans clear. This is the only thing I hate about rainy season, it makes you change your clothes few more times a day and wash those few more times a week. I was already late for the lecture and was thinking of bunking the first one.
I started walking. I sensed someone passing me by. I felt like I know her.  I almost started running. I catched her. I walked a little faster and stood in front of her.
"Hi, screaming-crying girl! Do you remember me?” removing my specs I asked.
"Off course I do remember you...the...headphone-wala guy", she said.
We both laughed on our new names.
"So where are you going?" I asked.
“I am going to college and you?"
"Me too...!"
"Great!" She said.
What’s next? What next should I talk about now...I started thinking...say something dude...say something…
"So what’s up?” I asked.
"I actually don't know what to say now! I really could have spoken for hours that day, but, now I am not finding any words to say!" She said.
We started walking again.
"Aren't you going to tell me about what had happen the other day?"
"Yeah, I was actually going to tell the same." She said.
"Okay, is it a long story?"
"Well, yeah! But don't worry I will tell you in short."
"No! Go on, tell me in details, I like to listen to long stories." I said.
"Great! Let’s walk towards some hotel, have a cup of coffee over there and talk about my story."
"Hmmmm... 8:45..." I checked the time in my cell phone. Looked at her and said, "Cool. Let’s walk..."
I tried to remember how much cash I had in my wallet. Thank God, it was more than enough for that time. Interrupting my thoughts and clearing all my calculations she said, "Don't worry about the bill. I will pay today."
I didn't know what to say. It was a little awkward moment for me. I just smiled at her.
She continued, “When I was crying on the phone why you didn't say something to me? I was sitting right next to you. If there was any other boy he must have had tried to take that as a chance to flirt with me. Dumbo, why did you offered me your headphone instead of asking me anything..."
"...maybe that was my way of flirting." I interrupted her. I don’t know why I said that.
She stopped for a moment, looked at me and smiled. For a moment I thought she liked my answer. But I really wasn't sure.
"Really?" She questioned me back.
"No. Actually I was trying to keep it cool that day...” I said.
"Why? Did you also have a similar phone call before I entered the bus? And that’s why you were listening to music?" She questioned me again.
"Hahaha... Actually, yes! I did have a phone call that day-almost similar to yours. Just I was listening and the person at other end was screaming at me. Also I had an interview call the same day. So I was little nervous and tensed. That’s why I left you early without asking you anything." I said.
"Oh...what happened with the interview?"
"Forget it!”
"What...? What happened?" She asked with curiosity.
“Forget it- That is what they said to me."
“Ohk... I got it now.” She said. “And, about the call, who was on the other end?” she asked me again.
“It too is a long story” I said. “Better we grab a coffee first and proceed to your story first.” I continued.
“Yeah, no problem.” Putting her pink umbrella back in bag she said.
“I am Manoj by the way. And your good name please?”
“I am Sharvika. You can call me ‘Sharoo’”. She almost commanded me to call her so.
“Nice name ‘Sharoo’”.
“Thanks!”
“So we met again, finally, without exchanging the numbers! Just as you wished!!” she continued.
We laughed and entered the hotel.

***
Read next part of the story - "Sharvika": Catch me if you can!
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...